Archive for January, 2015

We all die the goal isn’t to live forever, the goal is to create something that will


Tokyo named safest city in the world

I was just reading the Economist’s Intelligence Unit that has released the ranking of the safest major cities in the world, and Tokyo comes out on top.

Of course for anyone that lives here understands and appreciates this .

There was different factors that came into account of the rankings .

•Digital security — This measures the quality of a city’s cybersecurity, the frequency of identity theft, and other factors related to digital security.

•Health security — This metric looks at average life expectancy of a city’s citizens as well as the ratio of hospital beds to the size of the population.

•Infrastructure — This looks at factors like the quality of roads and the number of people who die from natural disasters.

•Personal safety — This category looks at more traditional safety measures like crime, the level of police engagement, and the number of violent crimes.

The rankings were :

1. Tokyo
2. Singapore
3. Osaka
4. Stockholm
5. Amsterdam
6. Sydney
7. Zurich
8. Toronto
9. Melbourne
10. New York

If you like to work in the safest city drop us a email


Investors must brace themselves for six months of ‘Greek-led volatility’

Investors are being warned to expect “Greek-led volatility” for six months, by a leading global analyst at one of the world’s largest independent financial advisory organisations.

Tom Elliott, International Investment Strategist at deVere Group, which has $10bn under advice from 80,000 clients, makes his observations following yesterday’s elections. Anti-austerity party Syriza has emerged as the victor and has agreed to form a government with the rightwing anti-bailout Independent Greeks.

Mr Elliott comments: “Investors can expect Greek-led market volatility for at least six months until a Syriza-led government is better understood.

“The Euro will weaken – perhaps to parity with the dollar – over the next six months as investors seek ‘safe havens’ as other populist parties in the Eurozone are likely to rise in the opinion polls and echo Syriza with their demands to end austerity.

“The sliding Euro will further boost exporters who got a leg-up from last week’s shock and awe quantitative easing package unveiled by the ECB.

“Indeed, one of the ironies of the Euro crisis is that the more that Greece looks likely to cause problems for the single currency, the more Germany and the core economies benefit from resulting Euro weakness.”

He adds: “Despite Europe’s main share markets rising – after initial falls – and the Euro recovering somewhat today, the announcement that Prime Minister-elect Alexis Tsipras’s main coalition partner is the centre-right Greek Independents will generate more uncertainty, leading to more market turbulence. This is largely because the move will hinder Syriza’s negotiations with the Troika and, I suspect, hinder reform.

“I’d give it a 30 per cent chance that Tspiras is the new Lula da Silva, the leftwing modernizer of Brazil, with investors actually supporting the government after a rocky start; 40 per cent that it turns into a problem-ducking coalition government that doesn’t address long term structural problems but investors stick with it; and a 30 per cent chance that the coalition initiates some sort of socialist revolution.”

Mr Elliott concludes: “It is early days and the story is just beginning. However, what history teaches us is that what is happening in Greece politically will have far-reaching effects on the capital markets and will impact investor returns.

“The changing political landscape in Greece, and across Europe, is presenting numerous risks and opportunities for investors globally. As such, the shifting dynamics must be monitored carefully to be able to benefit from these opportunities and to mitigate the avoidable risks.


“Every Pro was once an amateur. Every Expert was once a beginner. So dream Big and start Now!”


Let’s do what we love and do a lot of it -Marc Jacobs


Richest 1% to own more than rest of world, how much do you need to be in the 1% ?

Charity group Oxfam have carried out a study which shows that the world’s wealthiest 1% will soon own more than the rest of the world’s population.

The research indicates that the share of the world’s wealth owned by the richest 1% increased from 44% in 2009 to 48% last year. On these current trends, Oxfam says that it expects the wealthiest 1% to own more than 50% of the world’s wealth by 2016.

The charity is calling on governments to adopt a seven point plan to tackle inequality, including a clampdown on tax evasion by companies and the move towards a living wage for all workers.

Oxfam made headlines at Davos last year with the revelation that the 85 richest people on the planet have the same wealth as the poorest 50% (3.5 billion people). It said that that comparison had now become even starker, with the 80 richest people having the same wealth as the poorest 50%.

The charity said the research, published on Monday, showed that 52% of global wealth not owned by the richest 1% is owned by those in the richest 20%.

The remaining population accounts for just 5.5% of global wealth and their average wealth was $3,851 (£2,544) per adult in 2014, Oxfam found. That compares to an average wealth of $2.7m per adult for the elite 1%.

Last year I wrote a blog post on Are you among the world’s wealthiest? This will surprise you

To be in the worlds 1% you need assets of $798k .

An individual $3,650 ( all assets ) you among the wealthiest 50 % of the world population .The other half own only 1% of the world wealth !

77pc of adults – that’s 3.3bn people – have less than $10,000 .

To be the top 10pc of richest people – membership requirement is $77,000 – hold 87pc of the world’s wealth.

$798,000 is what you require to be in the top percentile of the world’s wealthiest. 1 % accounts for almost half – 48.2pc – of global assets.


To hell with circumstances , I create opportunity – Bruce Lee


Price is what you pay. Value is what you get. ~ Warren Buffett

You value any brand because of its services, it’s the same thing which is applicable to you when you provide your own service. Your brand’s value is determined by the service you offer.
Always bring value , In Buffett case he only invests where he can see value to his portfolio and investors

Tony Evans


Life has two rules : 1. Never quit 2. Remember rule two

Life has two rules : 1. Never quit 2. Remember rule two .

The person that doesn’t quit will win any situation

Lock and load



Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

I was reminded of this quote when I was talking to a friend who is starting their New Year resolutions next month as in January it’s to hard to make changes !

“Times change , the lies we tell each other are the same ”

Tony Evans


%d bloggers like this: